• Asian Connection
    Asian Connection
* Pilot refuses to take off Smriti Irani's chopper for West Bengal rally, BJP cries conspiracy     * Arun Jaitley unwell, Piyush Goyal gets temporary charge of Finance Ministry ahead of interim budget    * Cracks in border wall resistance? Pelosi facing Dem pressure to deal with Trump, end shutdown

Khashoggi strangled and dismembered in consulate: Turkey prosecutor

Posted in Featured, World

Published on November 05, 2018 with No Comments

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi was strangled as soon as he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and then dismembered as part of a premeditated plan, Turkey’s chief prosecutor has said, making details of the murder public for the first time. Gruesome reports in the Turkish media had previously alleged that Khashoggi, a 59-year-old Washington Post contributor critical of the powerful Saudi crown prince, had been killed and cut into pieces by a team sent from Riyadh to silence him. His body has not been found. “In accordance with plans made in advance, the victim, Jamal Khashoggi, was strangled to death immediately after entering the Consulate General of Saudi Arabia in Istanbul on October 2, 2018 for marriage formalities,” said a statement from the office of Istanbul chief prosecutor Irfan Fidan. “The victim’s body was dismembered and destroyed following his death by suffocation – again, in line with advance plans,” it added.

However a senior Turkish official said earlier  that Saudi officials seemed “primarily interested in finding out what evidence Turkey had against the perpetrators”.

 

No Comments

Comments for Khashoggi strangled and dismembered in consulate: Turkey prosecutor are now closed.